Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, June 28, 2013

DI(fr)Yday: How to Make Miu Miu-Inspired Glitter and Suede Shoes


Like everyone else in the blogosphere, I exploded with gushy love over Miu Miu's glitter and suede shoes from the A/W 2011 shows. Since then, I've considered buying a used pair on eBay multiple times, exhaustively searched the Internet for a good knockoff pair, and brainstormed how best to DIY a pair. 

The main  problem with most knockoffs and DIY concepts was that they didn't include the amazing curved heel shape, which is one of my favorite things about the shoes. 

Then, I found this pair from Target, which, though not a direct Miu Miu knockoff, features the curved heel shape I love so much. I decided they would make the perfect base for a DIY.

signature color

3 comments:

  1. I, too, fell in love with the Miu Miu shoes when they first debuted. (Who doesn't love glitter, anyway?) This will have to be my next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If loving glitter is wrong, I don't want to be right!

      Delete