Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, June 7, 2013

My Wedding DIY Party

Wedding DIY Party

Last Saturday, my mom and a few of my closest friends gathered at my apartment to help me kickstart some of the many DIY projects I've planned for our wedding. 

It was an amazing afternoon of shared food, laughs, and creativity. I really felt loved and embraced, and it was cool to see my favorite people (some of whom were meeting for the first time) enjoying an afternoon together.

We decorated mason-jar votives with burlap and lace, stamped place cards and little bags for the recessional lavender toss, and cut fabric flags for a big banner as well as little ribbon ones to adorn drinks and sweets. 

The night before, I made up some cute s'mores kits as favors and created some prototype jars, flags, and bags. I was so excited about the party as I prepared for it, and I was not disappointed. My friends and mom are the best. Thank you so, so much, ladies. I love you!

Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
DIY Wedding Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party
Wedding DIY Party

signature color

4 comments:

  1. this is really lovely! yay for smores!

    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! And a lot of cute DIY's :) Congrats on being featured in Links A La Mode
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it's going to be an awesome wedding:) i love the lavendar toss idea!! congrats on being featured on IFB which is where I found you as we were both in this weeks roundup:)
    cheers
    Carly
    http://www.carlytati.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavender toss? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete