Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Books read in 2011 and what to read in 2012

I love to read. I am constantly adding books to my to-read list which grows much faster than any dent I can put in it.

Here is what I read in 2011:
What I read in 2011

Unfortunately I'm kind of a slow reader. This is partly because I like to savor books, mulling over each sentence, and partly because I read way too many books at a given time.

Here is what I'm currently reading:
Currently reading

It's funny how you can get such a sense of my current obsessions from that list, namely history, France, and the lives of early 20th century English nobility. Then, there's Mockingjay standing out like a soar thumb. I'm a bit addicted, though; I must say.

It's so hard to decide what to read next, especially when there are so many books on any given subject I happen to become obsessed with. Right now I'm on a Jane Austen kick (I never got to read her in school if you can believe it.) and a Mitfords kick (more about this particular obsession here).

My to-read list is over 150 books long, and, since I only made in through 30 last year, I doubt I'll be able to read all of the books I want to read anytime soon, but I do have a good idea of where I want to start.

Here are some of the books I want to read in 2012:
To read in 2012

Have you read any great books recently? What's on your to-read list for 2012?

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be using your list for more reading inspiration!! Also, would you be interested in joining my book swap?? You can see the post here, let me know if you're interested, I'd love for you to take part! You can see it here: http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/2012/01/book-swap-any-takers.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete