Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I wore today 08/16/2011 (jockey-chic)

I've been re-watching old Mad Men episodes on Netflix recently, and I've been quite inspired by Betty's incredible jockey-chic riding outfits.

mad-man-betty-draper-01betty-sally-riding-outfit
[photo credits: lolawashername.blogspot.com and 5thjoy.wordpress.com]

I've played around with riding-inspired outfits before, and, when the weather gets colder, I definitely want to do something with boots and a scarf tucked into a crew-neck sweater. But, for now, here's my warm-weather version of the look.

IMG_0050
IMG_0054
IMG_0089
IMG_0098
IMG_0112
IMG_0050 - Version 2


Silk scarf - some shop on the Boulevard Saint Michel
Kelly
Appliqued camisole - thrifted
Riding pants - gap
Green canvass lace-ups - Big Buddha, TJ Maxx

***
Do you like my vintage '70s Twitter camisole? Gosh, remember how big Twitter was back in the '70s? Here are some of my favorite historic tweets from that time...

@AverageGuy: Bell bottoms are the best pants ever. These are NEVER going out of style!

@Comedian: Just bought a videocassette recorder and wrote what I believe is the first of many jokes about not being able to program it. Also, I may have just invented stand-up comedy.

@Gamer: Wow, Pong is the best thing ever, am I right? #lowexpectations

@Nixon: So, I've decided to delete my Twitter account. ¥-_-Check out my YouTube page for a rap video explaining why. #watergate

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. Doing summer versions of winter looks is a great idea!! You should definitely do more of these! And I LOVE that bag!

    ReplyDelete