Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and what I wore today 08/12/2011 (Cleveland Rocks!)

IMG_9843

To continue the celebration of Ryan's 30th birthday, he and I spent a night and a day in Cleveland (we drove back last night) to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is truly an extraordinary museum. In every aspect (architecturally gorgeous building, amazing selection of artifacts, great organization and displays) this place hits the nail on the head. I went with my parents when I was around 12 and have been wanting to go back for a while. I also really wanted Ryan to see it since he is a huge music history buff. Going with him was a blast because he pointed out so much stuff and showed me connections I would have definitely missed.

IMG_9840
IMG_9837
IMG_9852
IMG_9899
IMG_0578

There was a strictly enforced no-photography rule inside the museum (of course), but I did manage to get a few sneaky cell-phone pictures of a few pieces of clothing that I felt I just had to share with you.

This sweet God-Save-the-Queen shirt that belonged to Sid Vicious
IMG_0573

Iggy Pop's Duct-tape jeans that he made himself
IMG_0575

Björk's paper blazer from the "Post" album art
IMG_0574
bjorkpost

This fantastic and iconic outfit of Joan Jett's
IMG_0579

And - can you believe it - Madonna's cone bra costume

Oh, and, of course, here's what I wore...

IMG_9935
IMG_9940
IMG_9942
IMG_9944
IMG_9952 - Version 2
IMG_9931


B-52s T-shirt - Christmas gift from Ryan
Yellow belt - Anthropologie
1990s floral skirt - thrifted
Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses - Nordstrom Rack (story here)
Converse Allstar Lowtops

Cleveland is quite a lovely city; much like Cincinnati, but with a lake instead of a river. We walked around near the lake after the Hall of Fame closed and then had some really good sushi before driving the 4.5 hours home.

IMG_9860
IMG_9892
IMG_9957
IMG_9959

* * *

Here's something else I want to share with you. One of the birthday presents I gave Ryan was this collection of prints for his wall. I made them by printing silhouettes of things he likes onto old book pages.

IMG_9962

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment