Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Sunday, February 12, 2012

4 Tips on how to dress for a special date night

You may remember that Ryan and I celebrated our anniversary a couple weeks ago. I had a hard time deciding what to wear, and tried on a lot of dresses before settling on this outfit.

The reason it took me a few tries is that I wanted something that would be romantic, a little sexy, comfortable, fun, and warm. With all those criteria to fill, I had to be extra picky about my ensemble.

I ended up being very pleased with the outfit I did decide on, and so did Ryan. In fact, he even requested a couple photos from that outfit post to store in his phone. Because I had success, I've compiled a few tips for you to consult the next time you're drawing a blank.

If you have an anniversary coming up or a special date night (perhaps Valentine's Day), I hope you'll find these tips helpful.

How to dress for a special date night

Wearing a piece of jewelry that he gave you will put you in a romantic mood. It'll also show him how much you appreciate his gestures of love.

How to dress for a special date night

Another way of putting this is, "Don't wear something he hates." In my case, Ryan loves it when I wear flats. I'm not any taller than him in heels, but I'm a lot shorter than him in flats, and he likes to get his arms around my short little body and feel the difference in our sizes.

How to dress for a special date night

It's not all about what he likes. A special date is also an opportunity to show your true self, the self he knows and loves. Therefor, you should never totally compromise your personal style or try to imitate anyone else's. I'm a dress, belt, tights, and cardigan girl. That's who I am at heart; so that's what I wore.

How to dress for a special date night

An anniversary is the perfect time to remind him that you can still be sexy after however many years. See if you can surprise him a little. See if you can make him want to keep his eyes on you all night.


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

1 comment:

  1. FashionablecollectionsFebruary 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

    The design of your header is awesome. Love love love your dress here paired with that moschino belt... perfection.

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY 

    ReplyDelete