Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, March 4, 2011

Finishing and adapting the Tea Dress

When I made the Tea Dress last week, I was unsatisfied with the shape of the sleeves and the way the darts were a little bumpy. Also I didn't sew on the buttons yet. But since then I've finished the the dress by fixing the darts, sewing on the buttons, and turning it into a sleeveless dress.

Here's how...

I made bias binding with scraps of the silk chemise.


After cutting the arm holes to be an inch further in at the shoulders than they were with sleeves, I pinned the bias binding to them to cover the raw edges.

Then I topstitched the binding.


I added two decorative buttons and voila!

Doesn't it look so cute with the vintage belt?

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. niiiiice! love the fabric and the colours combined here. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete