Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Year in Review

#bestyearever

I realized the other day that New Year's is one of my favorite holidays, and it's not just because of champagne (or, in deed, brunch). It's not because of the Twilight Zone marathon either, though I love all of these things.

It's not even because it's morphed into a day of dress-up that can only be described as National Wear Sequins Day.

It's because New Year's, more than any other time, brings about a sense of reverence regarding one's own life: how far we've come, where we're going. It's the same thing I love about journaling, photography, and, in fact, blogging. I love examining my life, and I love the feelings of gratitude and wonder that come with this (albeit self-serving) practice. 

2012 may well have been my best year ever. Or shall I say my best year yet. We started the year off right in a new neighborhood, one that we're absolutely in love with. We took to being city-dwellers fast, and I, for one, can hardly remember what it felt like to live so far away from the action.

I started a new job, one I'm absolutely loving. About a week after my first day, this bundle of joy came into my life, making me the aunty of three precious boys. 

We vacationed in the Smoky Mountains and Chicago . . . 

And, last summer, Ryan and I officially decided to spend the rest of our lives together

In the lasts few days of 2012, as I look forward to 2013 and all the glorious mysteries it might bring, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with gratitude. It's bigger than anything I've felt before, but it reminds me of the way I felt when I first met Ryan and I just couldn't understand how I'd gotten so lucky. Do I deserve this? I kept thinking. How can I deserve all of this?

Whether 2012 has brought you to a place of gratitude, a place of wishing to start anew, or a combination of both (as is often the case), I wish you all the peace and love you can handle in the new year and many, many blessings to be grateful for!

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment