Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, February 18, 2011

Target will re-release 34 favorite dresses from past Go International designer collaborations!

On March 13, Target will celebrate the 5th anniversary of their immensely popular Go International designer collaborations by re-releasing 34 top-selling dresses by some of the biggest names in fashion. All dresses will be under $50.

I don't know about you, but for me this is incredibly good news. As you may know by now, I am obsessed with dresses. (I also love Target, designers, and things that cost less that $50s, so this is everything I love).

Want to start planning which dresses to snatch up come March? Well, here's a comprehensive list of which ones to expect.

Behnaz Sarafpour Rogan Tara Jarmon


Jonathan Saunders Paul & Joe

Rodarte

Erin Fetherston

Zac Posen

Tracy Feith

Luella Bartley

Proenza Schouler

Richard Chai


Libertine

Alice Temperley

Jovovich-Hawk

Tucker

Thakoon



My favorites are...
-the Behnaz Sarafpour
-the lacy Rodarte with the bow on the shoulder
-both of the dresses by Zac Posen
-both dresses by Tracy Feith
-the Proenza Schouler dress with the bustier bodice
-the black and white Libertine
-all three Alice Temperley dresses
-the black and white and the floral Thakoon

As for which I will actually buy, only time and the dressing room mirror will tell.

Obviously, I'm excited, but I must also admit to being a bit disappointed. Since they chose which dresses to bring back based on sales, there are some pretty boring not-very-special dresses being re-released and a lot of one-of-a-kind ones that will not be coming back, such as these from Zac Posen...

...or some of the more whimsical ones from Erin Fetherston...


I worked at target for one the the five Go International years, and Erin Fetherston's line came out near the beginning of my tenure. Unfortunately, I was not quite so bold in my fashion choices back then and I let her lovely red satin pieces and peter-pan collars, which I loved (even at the time), slip by because I didn't have the confidence to wear them. I could kick myself for that.

If there's one piece of fashion advice I could give you it's to not miss opportunities. Never play it safe just because you're afraid of taking risks.

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment