Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, February 21, 2011

Planning more dresses (stripes, and gingham, and floral, oh my! ...and lace)


Though I still have the Empress Dress and the Tea Dress left to make, I have begun planning other dresses with help from my trusty guide Built By Wendy Dresses. I went to the fabric store today and and bought supplies. Here is what I have in mind to make in the coming month or two.

Baja fresh dress

I think this fabric will be even better than stripes for this dress; it has a more authentic Mexican feel. (It's soft and woven just like fabric I've seen in Mexico.) Also, I will not be pairing the dress with socks and ugly sandals (obviously).


bold shoulders dress

This dress is actually two one-shouldered dresses worn layered. I'm making it with silvery lace I got for a great sale price and navy silk. (As usual, August had to help.)


American pastoral dress

Instead of navy and cream stripes, I'm using this popcorn carton candy striper fabric.


Lolita dress

I love the look of this dress, but I'm changing it slightly: gingham instead of polkadots).



I don't have a drawing of my plan for the floral and lace dress that I posted about earlier, but here's the gorgeous hydrangea-print cotton I picked out and the white lace (on sale!)


Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

2 comments:

  1. Les robes sont tres jolie!

    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Built by Wendy patterns. Can't wait to see how your dresses turn out!

    ReplyDelete