Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend in Instagrams

Easter weekend was a blast. On Saturday, we bought a pretty piece of furniture for our kitchen and my new (well, refurbished, so a great deal but in good condition) blender and food processor came in the mail . . . all just in time for my parents and grandmother to come over for dinner and to see what we've done with our new place. It's so fun to hear people tell us what a good job we did organizing and decorating. Ryan and I feel like proud parents every time someone compliments the apartment. Weird, but true. Of course, I also love any excuse to make dinner a little fancy and special, so that was great. (Lots of recipes coming soon.)

Earlier that afternoon, we took a little break for cleaning and cooking to join in a neighborhood pillow fight at the park. I know I've said a zillion times how Northside is truly the coolest place on the planet, but now maybe you'll see part of the reason why. As Ryan put it, "Living in Northside is like living at the cool kids' table."

On Easter Sunday, we saw Ryan's family. His nephews hunted for eggs, and we all had a wonderful dinner together. Then, after dinner, Ryan encouraged everyone that we needed to have a family pillow fight in the front yard (since we'd had so much fun the day before, and Ryan kept saying how he wished Niko and Owen could have been there).

Basically, a truly great weekend spent with family. How was your weekend?

Our new kitchen cabinet
This is what power tools do to him. Strawberry banana smoothie with a touch of buttermilk made in my new (to me) Kitchenaid blender. Yum! :)
Prepping for a spring dinner
Neighborhood pillow fight in the park!
Neighborhood pillow fight in the park! Neighborhood pillow fight in the park!
Neighborhood pillow fight in the park!
Neighborhood pillow fight in the park!
Neighborhood pillow fight in the park!
Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage Blanched asparagus with from-scratch aïoli - Mmmmmm
Niko searching for more eggs
Making rice krispie egg shakers with hidden pastel M&Ms Owen found one!
Owen's unconventional egg-finding technique Owen and Niko hunt for eggs
Niko checking his stock of found eggs
Easter bunny brought Nerds. 5 second rule!
Ryan and Owen do the bunny hop
Family pillow fight! Family pillow fight!
Family pillow fight!
Easter look (up on the blog soon) Easter look (up on the blog soon)
Two silver bunnies
Rye and I on Easter Sunday Ryan and I on Easter Sunday
Rye and I on Easter Sunday

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

1 comment:

  1. love this pics and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow
    you!


    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be
    so glad :D


    kisses


    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete