Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipe: cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage

Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage

It's time to share another recipe from the dinner I made for my parents: cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage. I just love saying, "cannellini crostini!" It's so much fun to say.

Do you know the difference between crostini and bruschetta? Neither did I, but I looked it up. (The Internet is a wondrous thing.) It turns out it's pretty much just a size difference. "Crostini" translates to "little toasts." Of course, bruschetta tends to involve tomatoes, but it doesn't have to, so the size is really the only thing that, strictly speaking, sets them apart.

Since I was making little toasts, I bought one of those thin baguettes that's only about a half pound. But, following this recipe, I ended up with about twice as much topping as I had toasts to accommodate it. You can solve this problem in one of 3 ways.

A. Buy two baguettes.
B. Half the topping recipe.
C. Save the leftover topping and eat it later as a delicious bean dip.

Of course, you could also just use a larger baguette, but then the toasts would be large toasts, and that just wouldn't do at all.

As I said, I followed this recipe, but I did make a few changes. I used two cans of cannellini beans instead of using dried (because they're easier and I like them just as much). I also reserved some lemon zest to sprinkle on top along with the baby sage leaves for a garnish.

Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage
Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage
Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage
Cannellini crostini with lemon zest and fresh sage

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

2 comments:

  1. Yum!  Thanks for posting!
     

    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete