Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, June 29, 2012

DI(fr)Yday: How to add metal tips to a collared shirt


DIY: metal-tipped collared shirt

I'm a big fan of hard-edge details like studs and metal tips. Ever since I first saw a collared shirt with metal tips, I knew it would be a fun DIY, but I wasn't sure quite how to do it until I stumbled upon these decorative corners in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby the other day.

DIY: metal-tipped collared shirt

They're made to embellish the corners of scrapbook covers, but it's easy enough to add them to fabric instead. I used a small pair of pliers to open them slightly (but, if your shirt is made of thinner fabric than denim you won't even need to do that) and then used a hammer to squeeze the corners down on the collar. What could be simpler? 

DIY: metal-tipped collared shirt
DIY: metal-tipped collared shirt
DIY: metal-tipped collared shirt


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment