Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Mother of Invention

Oh my God, new obsession. I mean, OBSESSION! Just got an American Apparel Bandeau Dress on sale (they're transitioning them out, so get one NOW!) and I have never been more blown away by a garment before. Sure, I've seen things that claim they can be worn 15 different ways, but usually those ways aren't all that different. For example, American Apparel's Le Sac Dress, which be worn a few ways, all of which were pretty similar (and none of which looks good on a busty girl like me).


...Or there will be a lot of ways to wear something, most of which are so silly you'd never actually do it. For example the Unisex Circle Scarf:


Come on, is anyone really wearing that thing as a mini dress? It's way too bulky. That's just silly. (I incidentally love my circle scarf; it's just that I love it 3 ways, not 13.)

But the Bandeau Dress. It actually lives up to the hype. There are actually 15 ways to wear it that vary considerably to give you every kind of neckline you could imaging. Plus you can wear it as a high-waisted or low-waisted skirt. Plus as a halter top. (I've also come up with a second top option which I will try to post a photo of later.) AND it's comfortable, doesn't require a bra (even for my bazoomas), and has an extremely flattering A-line shape that skims and never clings. I cannot say enough about this dress. I know I sound like I'm being paid to endorse it, but if I were, I couldn't have criticized Le Sac.

Anyway, check it out!:


That photo should give you the idea, but if you've bought your own and are wondering how to do one of the styles above, this video can show you how.

Right now I have it in evergreen (one of the only colors left in the store), and I think I'll get another online in black and possibly one in cranberry.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Just what I need - another excuse to buy something. I have to have one now. Luckily, I have a very fashionable person in my life whom I know will give me some instruction on how to do all of these wonderful things. :-)

    ReplyDelete