Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Superbowl recipe: pizza bites

Pizza bites recipe

I mentioned in my "blooming onion" bread recipe post that I love making unapologetically gauche and decadent food for Superbowl Sunday. Like that recipe, these pizza bites involve lots of cheese and lots of carbs and are sure to be a crowd pleaser whether you whip them up for a Superbowl party of just for an ordinary evening at home watching Parks and Rec, which is how Ryan and I enjoyed them. 

I got the recipe here. You basically just wrap puff pastry dough around string cheese. What could be more simple?

I found that a spray of PAM works just as well as brushing butter or an egg wash over the bites to make the oregano stick and give them a golden-brown glow. I also found that it's difficult to seal the puff pastry well enough to keep the cheese from oozing out at least a little, but that oozing, slightly browned cheese, is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Pizza bites recipe
Pizza bites recipe
Pizza bites recipe

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment