Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, January 7, 2011

Fictional Fashion Icon: Jenny from An Education

I just saw An Education (I know, I know, finally!) and it was lovely, but the clothes were even lovelier. The 1960s are one of my favorite decades for fashion (the other being the 1920s) and this film does not disappoint. Here, as evidence, are my favorite three dresses that the main character, Jenny (Carey Mulligan) wears.

This gold brocade piece is exquisite, and makes me want to break out a 1960s purple brocade dress I have. (Will post pics when I do)

This asymmetrical dress is so eye-catching, and I love how it manages to look dainty and sexy at the same time.

But the Paris outfit is my favorite. With her hair up like that and those sunglasses, it's so Audrey Hepburn I can hardly stand it.





The trouble is that now I want bangs again, and I'm not yet through the terrible year-long process of growing them out. Damn, damn, damn.

1 comment:

  1. that Paris outfit really is gorgeous! The pink strip of material is brilliant!

    Bx http://glamourandgrungefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete